Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It has been a test...

Hello everyone!
I am updating from Blairsville, GA. We made it to Neels Gap where Mountains Crossing is located (Winton Porter owns this store it is HIGHLY known on the trail, he also wrote Just Passin Thru, which is an awesome AT read). On day two I never thought I would even reach Neels Gap. Day two seemed almost impossible for me, I cried most of the day. Two amazing girls, Emily & Cas gave me GREAT words of encouragement when I was crying eating my lunch on a rock. Then we also encountered a trail angel who left Cokes, Sun Drop drinks & little debbies. OH MY GOSH!! Heaven! Normally I do not prefer packaged food like that, but it was a blessing! I chose the Sun Drop drink, and every drop of it that hit my throat felt like the most precious drink I have ever tasted in my life.

We have been traveling with pretty much the same group since the first day. However, since we are taking a 0 day tomorrow, they will probably get too far ahead of us for us to catch up again, which is a shame, because we've been hiking with some awesome people. We've been hiking with a hippie named, Peter, who is pretty awesome. A guy named Joziah (sp?) he's from Pennsylvania, a couple from Vermont, and a few others that I can't remember all their stories. All REALLY cool people.

We summited Blood Mountain today, the descent might have been worse than the climb. Whew. My feet are pitiful. I apologize for all spelling and grammar errors. My mind is a little overwhelmed right now.

I have been reading everyone's posts on our facebook page, you have no idea how much that helps keep me going!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Please keep them coming!!! I need them so much, I think this is harder for me than anyone else out here. Pray for my gallbladder too, it has been giving me fits, it hates this trail food, I have thrown up twice, yuck!!

I'm hanging in there for now!!! Step by step...day by day...I'm trekking on.....

I love and miss you all!!!!

-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment