Saturday, April 16, 2011

Technical Descents....

Whew...so much to write, but the brain...it is tired.

We are heading out into the Smoky Mountains tomorrow. I am scared.
It is late and I should be in bed already, lots of hiking to do tomorrow.

I wanted to do quick roll call of all of the people we have met so far (well all of the people who we have met so far, that I can remember their trail names)

Purple Haze
Teach (Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for all your encouragement)
Richard (No trailname yet)
Reif
Rose
Soho
DVD
Still Steve
English Chatter
Pace
Porter
Billygoat
Arrow
California & Rebel
Blue Steel
Spot
Dan
The Ragin' Cajuns (Dreamcatcher...etc)
Hawk
Gravity
Mamma D
Ros
PC
Cropduster
Peter
Emily
Josiah
The Professors (Awesome couple, they hiked 900 miles last year and the husband came down with lyme disease)
Badger
Doc Boom
3 Hats
Gumby
Sidestep
Little Bird
Sparkplug

All awesome, awesome people....
I know there have been lots more, but my brain is letting me down right now....
We are doing okay...
Feet=super swollen
Ankles=swollen
Knees=swollen

So far 15 miles has been our busy day....we need to step it up

We miss everyone.
Thank you for all your words of encouragement...I'd love to write more, but I have a line of people waiting for the computer. Boo.

-Journey

1 comment:

  1. Hello, journey and japhy -
    This is Linda, who gave you the lift down from Clingman's Dome to Newfound Pass that morning. I waited till I saw someone giving you the lift down to Gatlinburg, and hoped you would have a good day of eating and resting there.

    I see by your facebook account that you are doing well, and have been thru Hot Springs and Erwin! Good going! You are only one day behind Balance and Y-Not [my daughter and son-in-law]. I told them about you, so they will be on the lookout.
    Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete